Free Delivery Service & Timed Delivery Charges
As well as a 24-hour timed delivery/collection service, VMI also provides a complimentary untimed delivery and collection service, applicable for all orders confirmed 24 hours before delivery within a 10 mile radius of VMI and subject to £200 minimum order.
The radius for free delivery and collection
- Includes Central London, the City, North, West and much of East London.
- Extends to within 20 miles on orders over £300.
- Client Cooperation expected with regard to parking and loading/unloading - see below
VMI complimentary non-timed delivery/collection service:
VMI will arrange to deliver/collect in either am or pm slots (non time-sensitive).
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a complementary service outside these arrangements, so if the window is not suitable please advise VMI and your collection will be amended to a timed service and the appropriate collection charge will apply.
Loading and Unloading Considerations
VMI Provide single-driver vehicles and whilst we will endeavour to be as helpful as we can when loading and unloading, the limited parking of London streets and design of older buildings can make this difficult. We allow for just 10 minutes of loading/unloading time from the kerb to ensure that we keep to our schedules and promises.
With this in mind, please ensure that you provide assistance for our helpful drivers, otherwise you may be charged or a risk having a delivery/collection refused.
If however you are aware that the delivery/collection is likely to be challenging, then let us know in advance. This way, we can plan for this by providing an assistant for the driver, though be aware that this will be chargeable.
We endeavour to avoid parking infringements whenever possible, though this is sometimes unavoidable due to locations, time restrictions and rules imposed by local councils.
Where there is a risk of a parking fine (red routes, bus lanes, double yellow lines etc), we will advise the client by phone and you will have the option for us to deliver at a later time or make alternative arrangements (i.e. parking further away and assisting the driver with transporting the equipment to the designated location). Where this option is not taken, should we subsequently receive a fine, then this will be passed onto the client.
24 hour Timed Delivery Service
We offer a 24 hour delivery and collection service.
Order your kit to be delivered anywhere and at any time, then collected again at a time to suit you.
The bespoke nature of this service means that there is a sliding tariff, where a fixed rate is charged between 8am and 6pm and an hourly rate outside of these times.
Standard Transport charges within 08:00 to 18:00
- Delivery/Collection within 5 miles: £35.00
- Delivery/Collection within 7.5 miles: £50.00
- Delivery/Collection within 10 miles: £60.00
- Delivery/Collection within 15 miles: £70.00
- Delivery/Collection within 25 miles: £80.00
Out-of-hours transport charges within 18:00 to 08:00
- Delivery/Collection BEFORE 0800am: and AFTER 1800 weekdays: £50.00 per hour, min 2 hours.
- Delivery/Collection ANYTIME WEEKENDS: £50.00 per hour base to base, min 2 hours.
- Waiting time: £50 per hour
- Delivery/Collection AIRPORT 8AM-6PM: £135.00
- Delivery/Collection AIRPORT 6AM-8AM: £175.00
- Delivery/Collection AIRPORT AFTER 6PM: £175.00
- Delivery/Collection AIRPORT WEEKEND: £175.00*
- * 6am-8pm
* Min £50 out of hours delivery charge
Transport outside London £1.10 per mile (calculated on the return mileage - min £55)
Please note that a waiting charge of £35 per hour will apply if Drivers are kept waiting on delivery or collection.
Overnight/National and International service
VMI use a selection of courier companies to provide the best service for the relevant order.
Cost is calculated by weight and service, please contact us for quote.