Handheld 3 Axis Gimbal System with 2.2kg payload capacity specifically designed to DSLR-type cameras with a single-handed operation. Dual handed rig included and including brushless technology for refined use.
*** NOTE DSLR CAMERA NOT INCLUDED ***
3 Axis Gimbal Systems are great but they are much more timeconsuming to set up than single handed systems like the IKAN EC1. Also, these smaller gimbals are specifically designed to carry small payloads, which makes them ideal for DSLR type cameras and the IKAN EC1 can take upto a 2.2kg capacity, so more than enough for a Canon 5D Mk IV with a zoom lens.
It is a handheld 3-axis digital stabilized camera gimbal, for large payload cameras with brushless technology for refined use and is ready in next to no preparation time.
The EC1 offers three follow modes plus an auto-inversion mode that allows for upside down operation. Auto-inversion lets you use the gimbal with dual handle support systems like the ikan DGH. The EC1 also features a lock mode that sets the camera in a fixed position, and a point-and-lock mode that locks the position you hold the camera in for a few seconds. The EC1 also has an OLED display on the rear that confirms the selected mode of operation and provides battery life info.
The EC1 is designed with a quick-release baseplate that allows for convenient camera attachment and tool-less balancing. It also has a 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole on the handle for attaching accessories for advanced setups, and a 3/8"-16 threaded mounting hole on the bottom for mounting onto a tripod, monopod, and other support gear.
The EC1 is supplied with three 18650 batteries that provide up to 3 hours of operating life. These batteries are rechargeable from within the EC1 via an included micro USB adapter, and can also be charged with the optional ikan ICH-SC4 charger (standard with VMI kit).
High Build Quality
- Extremely Durable and High Build quality from aluminium
- No loose cables and supplied with single handle operation or dual hand grips (DGM) without charge..
- Durable build quality: Aluminium construction.
- 360 degree movement: 360 degree movement from all axes. brushless technology, so allows you to keep rotating in circles in safety.
- Good Payload Capacity: Will carry upto 2.2kg payload, so ideally suited for DSLR cameras
- OLED Display screen: to show operating modes
- Lithium Power integral batteries: VMI package supplies 3 x batteries and charger as standard
- Single and Dual-handed operation: VMI package includes optional DGH dual handgrip for alternative operating mode.
- Lock Mode: In Lock Mode, the Yaw, Pitch, and Roll axis work together to keep the camera pointed in one direction. The camera's composition will stay the same no matter how you move the handle.
- Point & Lock Mode: Quickly lock your camera into any position by manually pointing and holding it in any direction. After a few seconds, the camera will lock and hold its position until it is reset back to default.
- Auto Inversion Mode: Switch to Inverted Mode at any time by simply flipping the handle over the camera. Inverted Mode can be operated in conjunction with any of the Lock and Follow Modes.
- Multiple Focus mode: The EC1 features 3 different follow modes. In Yaw-Axis Follow Mode, the EC1 will only follow your Pan movements. In Pitch and Yaw-Axis Follow mode, the EC1 will follow your Pan and Tilt Movements. Finally, the 3-Axis Follow Mode gives you full control allowing you to Pan, Tilt, and Roll.
We were really impressed with this device and it will really make smooth gimbal shots very easy to use and setup for DSLR-based productions. This is a well designed system which works very well with the following cameras that we have tested:
- Sony A7s,
- Canon 5D Mk2, Mk3, Mk 4
- and all DSLR form factor cameras
These Gimbal system are not yet compatible with all lenses as yet and many lenses, for example PL lenses will be too heavy for Gimbal systems like this.
Whilst most DSLR primes lenses will work, you need to be careful with DSLR zoom lenses, as some (such as Canon 24-70 L USM EOS zoom) have moving internal elements,which affect the centre of gravity through the range of the zoom and this affects the balance of the unit, rendering the unit unuseable. Please enquire for more details.
VMI Gimbal Training
VMI is now providing Gimble training courses which offer a discount on your first hire.
Please note that these devices cannot be hired with the VMI ‘damage waiver’, so you will require to have your own insurance policy in place prior to hiring this unit.
These systems are so simple and easy to use that we think that you won't need any additional accessories to make this work, though the Teradek Clip wireless link to iOS may be very useful in the field.
Watch this amazing video which I can't embed