Panasonic Varicam LT 4K large Sensor Camera with 4K record option and PL/EF lens option.
The same look, wide colour gamut, dual ISO settings and high sensitivity as the Varicam 35 cinema camera but in a smaller body, lower power consumption and slow motion of up to 240p in HD and 60p in 4K. 2 x 512GB P2 Express cards are supplied as standard and more are available on request.
Please read VMI's article on Capturing 12 bit RAW with ARRI, Panasonic, Sony, Canon and other cameras using Odyssey 7Q RAW Recorder
Canon 4K Cinema zoom lens with a removable zoom servo pack for ENG shoulder-mounted operation and fitted with EF mount.
4K quality, lightweight and extremely compact covering the range of a set of primes in one lens and perfectly designed to work with Canon C300 and DSLR cameras and any other cameras with EF mounts.
This is a lightweight and inexpensive version of the Fuji 19-90 Cabrio and Canon 17-120. The 4.4x zoom range is extremely useful and the lightweight build (1.2kg including servo pack) and compact form-factor will make this a sure winner for documentary production. Best of all, it has a built-in zoom servo pack which allows the operator to use the zoom rocker as you would a traditional ENG camera lens and also trigger the camera's recording function as well (camera specifications allowing).
There is built-in optical stabilisation as well and if you fit this to an auto-focus camera, then you can also use the one press AF function to shoot with auto-focus.
However, all of this functionality and portability does come at a price and this results in the lens being a slow T4.4 (F4) but you can't have everything!
- Compare it to the Fuji 19-90 Cabrio (T2.9) and Canon 17-120 (T2.95-3.9) and this lens is around 2 stops slower for the majority of the focal range but the positives are that it is less than half of the rental price and less than half of the weight as well (Canon CN7x17 weight 2.9kg) though it works in EF mode only and offers a host of additional functionality as well.
- Comparing it with the Canon 24-70 and 70-200 L USM zooms which are both F2.8, it is also 2 stops slower than these too but as already mentioned, offers additional functionality not available to these other lenses and that all-important zoom rocker for ENG mode.
Canon EF Servo Zoom 18-80/T4.4 L IS KAS S
- T4.4 Consistent aperture over entire zoom range
- Engineered for 4K with very high resolution, high contrast
- Canon EF mount compatibility provides support for fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS auto focus, camera-to-lens servo power supply, automatic lens metadata acquisition for easy post-processing, and lens functions such as peripheral illumination correction.
- Optional Canon ZSG-C10 remote zoom grip (standard on VMI package) offers fluid zoom control, a dedicated one-shot AF button, and the flexibility to use handheld, shoulder-mounted or with a tripod
- Covers APS-C & Super 35 Sensor Sizes
- 9 Blade Iris for Attractive Bokeh
- DC & USM motors for fast, fluid and quiet servo zoom and focus control
- Drone friendly: weighs Only 1.2kg with servo pack.
- Consistent contrast, resolution and field illumination across the whole focus and zoom range
- Compatible with all EF cameras and accessories
- Colour-matched to existing prime and zoom lenses
- High optical resolving power and optomechanical design to meet all 4K shooting requirements
Significantly reduced ‘focus breathing’ means less distortion and more consistent shooting
- 114mm front element.
Supplied on a 4 day hire rate.