Convergent Design Nano Flash Recorder 3DDual channel External HD Recorder for 3D applications
Dual channel External HD Recorder for 3D applications. Stereo Recording /Playback working on all XDCAM codecs up to 280Mbps
Nano Flash on-board HD solid-state Recorder, now paired with a second recorder with special cables and firmware, allows dual recording from 2 x HD inputs to record 2 x parallel syncronised inputs for 3D acquisition from a variety of sources at multitude of frame rates.
The NanoFlash from Convergent Design is a portable, solid state HD recorder/player. Recording to MXF or QuickTime format using 2 x CompactFlash cards, the NanoFlash can be mounted to a camera or connected to any HD-SDI source via BNC coax.
This popular and versatile solid state recorder is now supplied in a full 3D version.
You can either use this as an external recorder by pressing the start/stop button to commence/halt recording, or set this up to monitor time-code changes, so that it automatically starts and stops when the camera records to its own internal cards, for seamless integrated operation or using an external trigger.
Features of the NanoFlash (single unit)
Summary of Nanoflash unit - 3D unit doubles this
- Capture the never compressed HD-SDI Output using a world-class 4:2:2 full raster (1920x1080i/p) MPEG2 Codec at bit-rates of up to 160Mbps, or I-Frame only bit-rates up to 220Mbps.
- Maintain outstanding video quality - benefit from the virtual elimination of motion-artifacts, mosquito noise and keying problems. Master Quality 100 Mbps XDCAM 422 recordings are, in tests by Convergent-Design, visually indistinguishable from uncompressed.
- 2 Professional balanced audio inputs - superb 24-bit uncompressed audio (mic or line input, with optional +48V phantom power)
- 2 CompactFlash slots for recording media
- 2.4 hours of recording time without swapping cards @100Mbps (using 4 x 32Gb CompactFlash cards)
- Quicktime and MXF File Format for easy transfer to leading NLE programs, including Final Cut Pro, Avid, Edius and Vegas Pro. All the benefits of a tapeless workflow, including instant review, fast downloads and metadata support.
- Camera mountable, silent, ALL solid state design
- Robust and lightweight, weighing just 1.2kg
- Low power, 10 Watts, using industry standard four pin XLR connector. Ideal for extreme conditions.
VMI supplies the NanoFlash with 2 x 32Gb flash cards (2 hrs of 50Mb XDCAM 4:2:2 material capacity)plus EX-3 mount/ hotshoe mount or 15mm bars mount.
Features of the NanoFlash 3D unit
- Stereo Recording /Playback, Pixel Syncronised
- I-Frame Only 4:2:2 CODEC, 280 Mbps
- Left Eye Flip/Flop
- Side-by-Side Combine (Live/Playback)
- 1080p30/25/24, 720p50/60, 1080i50/60
- Quicktime (MOV) & MXF Files
- Avid, FCP, Premiere, Vegas Support
- Utilizes affordable Compact Flash Media
- Rugged, all solid-state, silent
- Lightweight (1 Kg), Portable
- Low-Power (12W), 5-20V
- HD-SDI I/O, HDMI I/O, LTC-In
- Embedded Audio (8-Chan) & TC
- Easily Mounted to camera.
VMI Note - for 3D applications, you MUST record in i frame mode to ensure identical left eye and right eye compression and data record, to avoid potential irritating effects of variable compression or left eye/right eye recordings.
- Rate: £185 per day