Sony PMW-F55 Large Sensor XDCAM EX 4K Camcorder with PL lens mount and 2K or 4K acquisition options with slow motion capability and OLED viewfinder supplied as standard. Optional AXS-R5 recorder allows for enhanced 4K acquisition and more high speed capture.
Canon 4K Cinema zoom lens with a removable zoom servo pack for ENG shoulder-mounted operation and fitted with EF mount.
4K quality, lightweight and extremely compact covering the range of a set of primes in one lens and perfectly designed to work with Canon C300 and DSLR cameras and any other cameras with EF mounts.
This is a lightweight and inexpensive version of the Fuji 19-90 Cabrio and Canon 17-120. The 4.4x zoom range is extremely useful and the lightweight build (1.2kg including servo pack) and compact form-factor will make this a sure winner for documentary production. Best of all, it has a built-in zoom servo pack which allows the operator to use the zoom rocker as you would a traditional ENG camera lens and also trigger the camera's recording function as well (camera specifications allowing).
There is built-in optical stabilisation as well and if you fit this to an auto-focus camera, then you can also use the one press AF function to shoot with auto-focus.
However, all of this functionality and portability does come at a price and this results in the lens being a slow T4.4 (F4) but you can't have everything!
- Compare it to the Fuji 19-90 Cabrio (T2.9) and Canon 17-120 (T2.95-3.9) and this lens is around 2 stops slower for the majority of the focal range but the positives are that it is less than half of the rental price and less than half of the weight as well (Canon CN7x17 weight 2.9kg) though it works in EF mode only and offers a host of additional functionality as well.
- Comparing it with the Canon 24-70 and 70-200 L USM zooms which are both F2.8, it is also 2 stops slower than these too but as already mentioned, offers additional functionality not available to these other lenses and that all-important zoom rocker for ENG mode.
Canon EF Servo Zoom 18-80/T4.4 L IS KAS S
- T4.4 Consistent aperture over entire zoom range
- Engineered for 4K with very high resolution, high contrast
- Canon EF mount compatibility provides support for fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS auto focus, camera-to-lens servo power supply, automatic lens metadata acquisition for easy post-processing, and lens functions such as peripheral illumination correction.
- Optional Canon ZSG-C10 remote zoom grip (standard on VMI package) offers fluid zoom control, a dedicated one-shot AF button, and the flexibility to use handheld, shoulder-mounted or with a tripod
- Covers APS-C & Super 35 Sensor Sizes
- 9 Blade Iris for Attractive Bokeh
- DC & USM motors for fast, fluid and quiet servo zoom and focus control
- Drone friendly: weighs Only 1.2kg with servo pack.
- Consistent contrast, resolution and field illumination across the whole focus and zoom range
- Compatible with all EF cameras and accessories
- Colour-matched to existing prime and zoom lenses
- High optical resolving power and optomechanical design to meet all 4K shooting requirements
Significantly reduced ‘focus breathing’ means less distortion and more consistent shooting
- 114mm front element.
Supplied on a 4 day hire rate.
Everything you wanted to know about 4K but were too afraid to ask...
Do we adopt 4K now or wait for 8K?
The Case for and against 4K
Shooting with HD Video lenses on large sensor cameras
Large Sensor Cameras - Everything that you need to know
||DC 12 V (11 V to 17.0 V)
||Approx. 25 W (while recording XAVC 4K 60p, EVF Off, LCD monitor Off, 4K SDI On)
||0°C to 40°C
32°F to 104°F
||-20°C to +60°C
-4°F to +140°F
||Approx. 2.2 kg (without lens, handle, audio box and accessories)
Approx. 4 lb 14 oz (without lens, handle, audio box and accessories)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)[[F_WA0001]]
||151 x 189 x 210 mm (without protrusions)
7 1/8 x 7 7/8 x 12 1/4 inches (without protrusions)
|Battery Operating Time
||Approx. 150 min with BP-FL75
Approx. 210 min with BP-GL95A
|Recording Format (Video)
||MPEG-2 Long GOP
HD 422 mode: CBR, 50 Mbps max, MPEG-2 422P@HL
|Recording Format (Audio)
||Linear PCM (2 ch, 24-bit, 48-kHz)
|Recording Frame Rate
||XAVC 4K: 4096 x 2160, 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
XAVC QFHD: 3840 x 2160, 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
XAVC 2K: 2048 x 1920, 23.98p/24p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
XAVC HD: 1920x1080, 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p
MPEG4 SStP: 1920 x 1080, 23.98p/24p/25p/29.97p
MPEG2 HD: 1920x1080, 50i/59.94i/23.98p/25p/29.97p
MPEG2 HD: 1280 x 720, 50p/59.94p
|Imaging Device (Type)
||Super 35mm equivalent Single-chip CMOS with Frame Image Scan technology
|Imaging Device (Size)
|Imaging Device (Pixel Count)
||11.6 M (total), 8.9 M (effective)
|Effective Picture Elements
||Clear, 0.9 (1/8ND), 1.8 (1/64ND)
|Sensitivity (2000 lx, 89.9% reflectance)
||Video Gamma: T11@24p (3200K light source)
||S-Log2 Gamma: ISO 1250 (D55 Light source)
||PL mount (with supplied lens mount adapter)
|Flange Focal Length
||FZ mount (without supplied lens mount adapter)
||57dB (Video Gamma, 24p, Noise Suppression OFF)
||1/24s to 1/6,000s
||4.2°to 360°(electrical shutter)
|Slow Shutter (SLS)
||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8-frame accumulation
|Slow & Quick Motion Function
||XAVC 4K/QFHD: 1-60p (NTSC)
XAVC 4K/QFHD: 1-50p (PAL)
XAVC HD/2K: 1-180p (NTSC), 23.98p/29.97p w/ Option
XAVC HD/2K: 1-150p (PAL), 25p w/ Option
XAVC HD: 1-60p (NTSC)
XAVC HD: 1-50p (PAL)
||Preset (3200K, 4300K, 5500K), Memory, ATW
||-3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 dB, AGC
HG1, HG2, HG3, HG4, HG7 and HG8