To Protect Your Privacy
VMI is committed to keeping customer information confidential and used solely for the purpose of serving you better.
We are registered in the United Kingdom having notified the Information Commissioner of our data uses under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Act and this policy. We undertake the following measures to ensure a high level of privacy for our customers. When transacting with our company you are dealing with VMI only.
In order for us to provide the best possible level of service, we need to gather certain information. When you set up an Internet account with VMI, we will ask you for some relevant information, including:
- Your name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Delivery address
- Credit card details (Optional if you wish to open a VMI credit account)
- Phone number(s)
- Fax number(s)
This information allows us to provide you with personalised services and correspond with you separately. The information you provide will be kept confidential and used to support your customer relationship with VMI. It will help us to maintain your account and alert you to new products, special offers and services, which are suited to you as they become available. Such uses may be special offers in promotional emails and on our website.
Protection and Security of Information
We protect the privacy of your information using highly secure, password-protected servers. Please see our security policy for further information about the online and offline security measures we adopt to protect your information against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to personal data.
Accuracy and Updating Information
We endeavour to keep our information accurate and up to date. Once you have registered online with VMI you can check the information we store for your account by visiting our website and logging-in. Then access the "Update Account" link at the top of the page to display your account information. You can amend any inaccuracies through this facility. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com requesting that we update, modify or delete your account information.
We do not share personally identifiable data with any other companies except as provided in this policy or permitted by law. We may provide such aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to trustworthy third parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
In order to provide you with a service, fulfil a transaction you have requested or in connection with legal process, we may share personally identifiable data with our agents (such as credit card processing companies, credit reference agencies, outside suppliers, distributors and delivery companies), and group companies for such purpose, relevant authorities or otherwise with your permission. Where appropriate, we share user experience information or other customer level personally identifiable information with companies within our group as well as our trusted third parties, agents and business partners for the purpose of accomplishing our objectives of customer personalisation and improvement of site design and user experience.
As part of our customer service offering we provide a regular email newsletter service. This service brings to you details of monthly special offers and product promotions as well as information on new products.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter you will need to be registered with My Shoot Kit and check the relevant box.
You can opt out of this service at any time by changing your user details through My Shoot Kit. You can subscribe again at any time by following the procedure above.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies assign a unique identification to your computer and store the details on your hard drive via a facility in your web browser. The cookie does not contain any personally identifying information but does permit our website to recognize you each time you return to the VMI website. On arrival your cookie then 'handshakes' with our system, which identifies you and makes it faster for you to log in. If you do not want to use "cookies", most Internet browser programs will permit you to turn them off. Should you do this, you will still be able to access our website as normal.
VMI Security Policy
Credit Card and Personal Information
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protection
The purchase area of our website is secure.
Some browsers may experience problems with SSL enabled websites. If you are experiencing problems using our online shopping and account facilities under SSL protection, our non-encrypted server is available. Please note that the non-encrypted server does not encrypt your credit/charge card information when transmitted. If you have any queries about this protection please email our Customer Services Team.
- There is a compliance or responsible officer who deals with security of information and personal data.
- All employees are briefed on the importance of personal data and security and confidentiality of information obtained.
- We control physical security in relation to the information and personal data that is contained at our facilities and restrict access to the computer rooms, technology areas, equipment and other facilities where unauthorised access by people could compromise our security.
- All proprietary or confidential information, including personal data, is contained on computer and any that is contained and stored on manual files are locked up and secure.
- We seek to control access to the information and personal data, including existing procedures for authorising and authenticating users as well as software controls for restricting access and techniques for protecting data such as encryption. We monitor and log access so as to assist in detection and investigation of security breaches and any attempted breaches where they occur.
- We endeavour to maintain a business continuity plan as a contingency plan, which identifies our business functions and assets (including personal data) which would need to be maintained in the event of disaster and set out the procedures for protecting and restoring them if necessary.
- We train our staff on security systems and have relevant procedures in place. Accordingly VMI staff are aware of information security issues and they can go to the relevant officer with any issues relating to the Data Protection Act/Privacy or personal data.