VMI Shortlisted for Park Royal Business of the Year award 2022

For the third year in as many years, VMI has been nominated as a finalist for the West London Business Awards. VMI has been shortlisted as one of three companies for the Green ‘Race to Zero’ Business of the Year but what is really surprising is that also, for the first time, we have been also shortlisted as one of three companies in the category of Park Royal Business of the Year.

VMI wins National Climate Award

Together For Our Planet campaign announces Bristol and London’s award-winning green small business. VMI.TV, Bristol and London-based camera rental company, crowned Hero of Net Zero at COP26 awards ceremony. Small … Read more

VMI Are Recruiting!

VMI currently have the opening for a Senior Technician to join our busy camera rental facility in West London and are inviting applications now. Candidates must have a background in … Read more

VMI Shortlisted for Climate Award

That VMI has been keen on environmental reduction policies is no longer news.  However, having pledged to commit to net zero emissions by 2030 on the Government Business Climate Hub … Read more

VMI Retires all Tungsten Rental Lighting

Tungsten is the most traditional form of TV/Film lighting but not many realise that 96% of the energy used is output as heat, leaving only 4% to produce light.

This makes them immensely inefficient and not at all compatible with modern sustainability ideals and on these grounds, VMI has decided to retire all of its tungsten lighting in October 2021.

AA rechargeable Batteries

VMI Stops Using Disposable AA Batteries

VMI has made the transition to using rechargeable AA batteries and entirely stopped the environmentally harmful use of disposable batteries and shared this practice with the wider rental community.

Meet Our New Apprentices

They said it couldn’t be done but VMI’s 3 apprentices are are part of the first cohort of the Camera Technician Apprenticeship programme and are ready to start their two week boot camp at the London Screen Academy later this month.

VMI Group Recycles 100% of Waste – CERTIFIED

As part of VMI’s sustainability drive, we are immensely proud to report that a recent waste audit completed by our waste contractor, Collect My Waste, certified that none of the waste collected from both VMI sites in London and Bristol were sent to Landfill.

Long-awaited UK Camera Tech Apprenticeship standard is rolled out

More than 200 young hopefuls who initially lodged their interest in the new Camera Tech Apprenticeship programme, were reduced to 100 after the first sift, 56 at the second and just 42 received invitations to the activity and selection day event, hosted at the London Screen Academy on Wednesday 21 July.

VMI Bristol Image

VMI Bristol is 6 years old

VMI Bristol celebrates six years since it was set up and in that time, Gary, Jon and the rest of the Bristol team have established it into a mainstream camera rental supplier for natural history and commercials/documentary productions in the South West.

Barry Nelsonian Award 2020

VMI’s Barry Bassett wins prestigious Nelsonian Award.

A surprise announcement by by Infinity Photo-Optical Company, saw VMI’s Managing Director, Barry Bassett being awarded their annual Nelsonian Award to recognise his work and lifetime commitment to imaging excellence.

VMI’s Green Credentials in the news

VMI takes its social responsibility very seriously and has initiated many strategies to reduce its impact on the environment and even won awards for it too, so it is really … Read more

That's all!

VMI are proud sponsors of: